Machado Construction Company, Inc. specializes in concrete construction including, concrete curb and gutter, concrete sidewalks, concrete roads, and concrete slab construction in a full range of applications and challenging environments.
Featured Concrete Construction Project
Machado Construction recently completed the construction of a concrete slab for the Dundalk Marine Terminal. The extensive project was completed in a challenging marine environment with several time and location restrictions. Machado Construction depended on their Concrete Ready-Mix division, an approved concrete supplier for the Maryland Port Authority, for this job.
- Machado furnished and installed 1525 cubic yards of 8″ 5000 PSI concrete topping slab.
- Admixtures such as Corrosion Inhibitor for the marine environment were used.
- High Range Water Reducer was used to allow an 8″ slump and the use of a 43-meter boom pump for placement in a challenging location.
- The surface was finished with the use of a power vibratory screed, bull float and power trowel.
- All concrete was wet cured using burlap and soaker hoses for a period of 7 days.
- The project was completed within 6 weeks with 6 pour dates.
Machado Construction Company, Inc. is Certified in Maryland and Baltimore City as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).